Introduction

I'm a gifted adult survivor of child abuse by my adopted parents, who left me with chronic depression, PTSD, and a touch of autism for good measure. Here I examine the fragments of my past. It's enlightening but not pleasant. You've been warned.

If you want to see my lighter sides, here's a list of my other blogs:

We Have Always Lived in a Homeschool my blog about homeschooling my three gifted children

Lioness' Fandom

My Pinterest Boards where I express myself without words

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Geography of Pain

Different aspects of my life reverberate in different parts of my body.  Pain in my shoulders and upper arm muscles emanates from my now-deceased abusive adoptive mother, which still act up whenever I think about my childhood.  My arms are twinging -- Hi Mom!

But when I think about my adoption, the place I feel it is at the front and base of my neck, right on the windpipe.  It's as if someone is choking me, or trying to keep me from speaking.  I'm feeling a lot of that lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment